CUSTOMER’S DUTIES IN PREPARING FOR TENT FUMIGATION
Congratulations, you are one step closer to ridding your home of Drywood Termites. Tent fumigation is a tedious and time-consuming treatment that requires thorough diligence by you, the property owner. Before your home fumigation for termites, the following checklist, " CUSTOMER'S DUTIES IN PREPARING FOR A TENT FUMIGATION," must be printed, completed, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before your tent fumigation date. Any tent fumigation schedule that does not apply will concur in a fine of $500, resulting in your fumigation not being performed and rescheduled for a later date. Imperial Pest Prevention nor its subcontracted fumigator staff will not assume liability for any property owner, renter, or occupant's failure to follow these procedures. Copies of the Product Label For Vikane Gas, Vikane Facts Sheet, and Safety Data Sheets for Vikane Gas are available by clicking the appropriate link.
Mandatory Tasks Prior To A Tent Fumigation
1. All items for human consumption, such as food, feed, drugs (including tobacco products), and medicinals (including those in refrigerators and freezers), must be removed.
2. All persons, domestic animals, pets, fish tanks, birds, and living plants must vacate the structure.
3. Turn off all gas, fuel oil, and propane at the main valve or tank. All electrical heating elements must be unplugged (such as; pianos, organs, TV sets, VCRs, and electronics). Turn off the security system, air conditioning, and heating units. Leave the Electric Main Switch ON. No structure will be fumigated unless electrical service is on and available to power fans. Water must be available to fill water snakes.
4. Baby crib mattresses and all plastic coverings on mattresses, box springs, pillows, or any other furniture must be removed.
5. To ensure proper fumigation and aeration of the building, all doors and locked areas must be unlocked. All cabinets, drawers, and closets must be open at four (4) inches. Raise blinds, open drapes, and available attic vents and hatches.
6. Any plants, shrubs, trees, or vines closer than two feet from the building must be removed, or they may suffer damage or death. Cut back enough space to allow the tent to fall vertically from the gutter line of the roof to the ground.
7. Tree limbs over the roof or close to the building must be trimmed back before tenting can begin.
8. Rake back or remove all ground cover, such as mulch or decorative rocks, within twenty-four (24) inches of the structure to allow for a ground seal. It is highly recommended that within four (4) to twelve (12) hours before fumigation, heavily water twenty-four (24) inches around the foundation to protect the shrubs and create a sound barrier.
9. Potted plants, irrigation nozzles, and exposed PVC pipe within six feet of the house will be subject to damage.
10. Remove parked vehicles from the perimeter of the property.
11. It is necessary to work on roof areas. Although caution is used, Imperial Pest Prevention nor its tent fumigation subcontractors will not accept responsibility for damage to the roof, chimney, weather head/ power lines, cracked, scratched, or broken tiles, metal or a metal roof over, metal scuffing, gutters, solar heaters, skylights, vent piping, aluminum fascia, and siding, antennas not removed, etc.
12. Tar should not be applied to the roof at least two (2) weeks before fumigation to allow adequate drying time.
13. Zero clearance lot lines will require the neighbor's approval for the crew to enter.
14. To prevent damage, remove all metal chimney covers, satellite dishes, antennas, stovepipes, vent pipes, lightning rods, and other sharp objects protruding from the roof or sides of the building before the day of fumigation.
15. Attached wood fences must be detached from the structure and removed.
16. Lower or remove all awnings. Imperial Pest Prevention nor its Tent Fumigation Subcontractors will not accept responsibility for awnings damaged by tarps or ladders.
17. Pool enclosures typically will not be covered. Remove all screening in a vertical line from the gutter to the ground so the tarps can be dropped and sealed through the frame. If screening is not removed, it will be removed/ cut by the technicians. Under no circumstances will Imperial Pest Prevention nor its tent fumigation contractors be responsible for replacing the screening.
18. When masking tape must be used, Imperial Pest Prevention nor its tent fumigation contractors will not accept responsibility for paint lifting off when the tape is removed or mastic left on surfaces. If wood strips are used to secure a seal, Imperial Pest Prevention nor its tent fumigation contractors will not be responsible for repairing nail holes or damage from removal.
19. The law requires all external access doors to be locked with secondary locking devices or barricaded during fumigation. No structure will be fumigated unless all external accesses (doors, windows, patio sliding entrances, etc.) are lockable or barricaded. It would be best to make key arrangements with your Imperial Pest Prevention representative. Your Imperial Pest Prevention representative will secure the keys to your structure in a secured lock. Keys must be in Imperial Pest Prevention or its tent fumigation contractor's possession during fumigation.
20. Digital key locks have to be disabled with batteries taken out. Suppose the automatic locking device has no secondary key lock on that door. In that case, it will be required to temporarily have a secondary locking device such as a hasp and padlock or locks replaced until the tent fumigation process has been completed. The property has been cleared and deemed safe to enter.
21. During the fumigation procedure and aeration period, Imperial Pest Prevention nor its tent fumigation contractors will not be held responsible for vandalism, theft, or breaking and entering. To avoid possible misunderstanding, we require that all valuables such as jewelry, cash, and objects of value be removed from the
22. After the building has been aerated, the Company will post a "SAFE FOR OCCUPANCY" notice and release the property to your care. You may re-enter any time AFTER the date and time indicated on the notice.
You must have printed the "CUSTOMER'S DUTIES IN PREPARING FOR TENT FUMIGATION" initialed next to each line, signed and dated all locations, and emailed them back to email@example.com. IF YOU FAIL TO PERFORM ANY OF THE TASKS OR REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE, THE COMPANY WILL NOT PERFORM THE FUMIGATION UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE DISCREPANCIES HAVE BEEN CORRECTED. IMPERIAL PEST PREVENTION NOR ITS SUBCONTRACTED TENT FUMIGATION STAFF WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LODGING EXPENSE CAUSED BY RESCHEDULING.
1. Imperial Pest Prevention recommends washing dishes, pots, pans, and linens.
2. Since the gas leaves no residual, crawling insects can immediately re-enter the building. In some cases, buildings have an invasion of ants right after fumigation. Ants are attracted to dead insects.
3. After fumigation, the "pellets" or droppings from the termites will continue to sift out for extended periods, sometimes indefinitely, over the years. This is expected and should not be cause for worry.
4. If you have gas appliances, you must have your gas company turn the gas on and re-light the pilot lights. The law does not allow us to do this.
UPON RE-ENTERING YOUR HOME AFTER A FUMIGATION
TENT FUMIGATION SPECIALIST
The tent fumigation is a tedious process. Rest assured that our expert staff will answer any questions you have regarding the process and preparation. Imperial Pest Prevention is here every step of the way for you. Our qualified staff can be reached Monday- Sunday 6 am-11 pm.